Monday, March 8, 2010

Race Season Begins!

I'm tired this morning. Raced both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend in Tulsa. The beginning of the racing season for me and most of my teammates. We had a good showing for both days. Rob Bell got 4th place in the P,1,2 Cowskin Road Race and Joey placed 9th in the P,1,2 Salt Creek Criterium. I had a good race on Saturday finishing 13th in the P,1,2 field. Considering the amount of climbing per lap, I thought I did pretty well for a big boy. I opted not to run my powertap hub, but race on my Easton wheels instead. So, sorry, no power numbers, although my normalized power from last year was over 300 watts. I do know that I was hitting around 4.2-4.4 w/kg which for me is good. I just need to lose another 3-6lbs to get into my "race weight" window, which for me is 195-200.......I guess.

Anyhow, I'm really eager to get some more races under my belt this season. I'm also more motivated than I think I have ever been to be training & racing. That's funny considering the fact that last summer I burned out so badly with cycling. I didn't touch the bike for 7 weeks. I thought I was done for good.

I'm excited to have a team to race with this year. Last year I was the only category 2 racer on my team, so I raced solo quite often in the beginning of the season. Joey upgraded just before Tulsa Tough and that helped, but a two guy team is still no fun. This year we have 5 category 2 racers on Team Undiscovered and I'm impressed with how well our season has started off. The team meshes very well with each other, which is good!

People who know me, know that I've been through quite a life transformation over the past year-and-a-half. And I attribute that change to the unconditional love of my Heavenly Father (God). Simply coming into a realization that God is not angry and disappointed with me has been huge for me. And more recently realizing that my Heavenly Father has put me within the cycling community for a reason. I want to see others impacted by God's unfailing love for them the way that it's impacted me. I don't know what that is going to look like, but that's my heart in all this intense training and racing.......to communicate the love of the Father!

You all are awesome!, whoever you all are who are reading this.

JMill





1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog and am enjoying reading it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete