Saturday, March 20, 2010

Truth

There comes a time in ones life when you have to decide what you're going to let control you. What you're going to continue to believe that keeps you in a continuous emotional cycle of up and down. I think about this a lot because there are things that I believe to be true about myself, about life, about people........and I don't want to spend my entire life living under or being controlled by what isn't true. And what do we call things that aren't true? There are so many things that I have spent a lifetime believing, things that aren't true, that affect how I function in life. And because I have spent a lifetime believing these "lies" the have become "truth" in my life. Do you see how disfunctional this? It's a problem that I want to address in my life because I don't want to pass these things on to my children.

The irony of all this, I guess, is that I have such a desire in my heart for people to not only hear truth, but to experience truth. For me personally, it has been a long process to come into a greater understanding and experience of truth. The truth that I refer to, is that my Heavenly Father loves me, that He cares about me, and that there is nothing that I can do to make Him love me anymore or less! I grew up hearing that my Heavenly Father loved me and knowing that He loved me, but until I experienced that love, it was only head knowledge. There is a difference between knowledge and experience. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/user/whizzpopping#p/u/56/LSW8XxiIwyI

That is what I'm after, a continual experience of the Father's love. And as I've been going after this, I have found that God the Father is nothing like what I grew up being taught. It is my desire to take my experience with Christ and give it away to others. It's what I, a follower of Jesus, am called to do. (Matthew 28:18-20)

The truth that that God loves us, the truth that God is always good, is the ultimate truth. And deep within each and everyone of our heart is that longing for truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment